A classic take on a French 75 with a floral honey and a dash of absinth.
Every pre dinner party needs a delicious welcome drink. Champagne has always been associated with celebration and good times with close friends and family. For our champagne drink we added a small amount of a floral honey, bringing a creamy floral texture to balance the fresh lemon juice. The absinth makes the flavours longer, with an anise finish.
- Twelve Keys No.33 Gin
- Honey Syrup
- Fresh Lemon Juice
Style: Dry champagne cocktail
Recommended glassware: Flute or Coupette. You can also create this drink in a large serving bowl & serve into smaller glasses
- Add 2 parts of honey into 1 part of hot water (not boiling), stir gently until dissolved
- Add 40 ml of Twelve Keys No.33 Gin into a shaker, 15 ml of honey water, 20 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 small dash of absinth
- Shake all the ingredients except the champagne until your shaker gets cold
- Fine strain with a tea strainer into your pre chilled glass and top with your favourite dry champagne.
- A small disk of lemon on top for citrus notes.
For a bigger party add up your ingredients depending on how many you are in a large serving bowl with ice and stir until mixed top with champagne and serve.